Saturday, February 13, 2016

It's been a long time, old friend!

Well Hello again! It has been a few years since my last post.

I started a new journey about 6 weeks ago and and I am so excited to share. I have gone back to school! I know, none of you saw that coming. I was not great at school when I was young so why would I purposely make myself do that again. Well here is why. A few months back I started having some dreams that kinda led to the fact that I needed to get some skills so that if I ever needed to get a job to support my family I could. Then after the dreams I started getting little promptings from my Father in Heaven. He was nudging me to look into the Pathways program through BYU-Idaho. So I did just that, or at least I thought I did. I thought that I was looking into the program to see what it was all about, how much it would cost, etc.... And then life happened and so many things came up and the prompting just kinda got pushed aside because life was becoming even busier. We found out that our small ward (Church) was going to be split into an even smaller ward and that Jamey was being called into the Bishopric (Leadership in our church) and to top that all off we also found out that he was on the list to be deployed this year..... Needless to say, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. So I put school completely out of my mind until one day, shortly after Christmas, I got a call from the sweetest elderly lady, Sister Grey. She informed me that I was all enrolled and that all I needed to do was go onto the website and e-sign my acceptance letter from the school. What? I enrolled? What? So I figured that was yet another prompting from my Father in Heaven that I could not ignore any longer.

I started the pathways program on the 4th of January and as busy as our lives have been I have not regretted it for one second. I have learned so much.

I have two classes this semester. The first class is Religion and we are studying the first half of the Book of Mormon. Through the Book of Mormon class I have been able to really dive into the stories. I have learned so much and my testimony has grown immensely. I get to go to gatherings once a week and meet up with people that are in my class and we get the opportunity to have so many great discussions. We also are given the opportunity to prepare and teach one of the classes. It is a little intimidating at first, but i don't know about you, but I always learn so much more when I have to teach the lesson to others.

My second class is called Life Skills. I know it sounds a bit strange. At first I had thought "Life Skills?" I have a pretty successful life and I have enough skills. What am I going to learn from " Life Skills?' but I have loved this class too. I feel like this class has helped me to feel like I can be a successful student even though it has been so many years since I have been in a formal school setting. Some of the subjects of the lessons have been things like: Life Long Learning, Goal Setting, Self Reliance, Giving Back, Time Management. I mean who couldn't use a little brush up on Time Managment skills? I know I sure need it.

I am hoping that I can make these postings a regular thing. I just want to share some of the amazing things that I am learning along my new journey.

Thanks for listening. See you again soon.

No comments: