Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Oceanside beach in California

Jamey and the kids and I went to California to visit Jamey's family over Christmas. It rained allot of the time that we were there but we did have one warm day right after we go there and we headed to the nearest beach. We went to Oceanside and walked out the pier, played in the waves and collected seashells. It was so calm and soothing to hear the water and birds.


Colby loved to stand and wait for the waves and then run away from them as fast as he could.


Wouldn't you love to own one of those houses on the beach.





Jamey and the kids were watching some surfers right here off the pier. the waves weren't huge but just enough to catch a short ride. If I wasn't afraid to drown I would love to learn to surf.




2 comments:

Mary said...

I use to live near Oceanside Beach and went there often. I love the ocean, but I do not miss living in a big city. I am glad that the weather was nice enough at least one of the days so your sweet family could enjoy the ocean.

Leanne said...

I love the top picture with the silouette of the kids on the beach. So cute you should have it framed!!

I'm glad you got back safe and that you had a a greeat time.